Friday, February 12, 2021

Car to Bike


 Well,  not that I need another project. But, my little folding bike: needs a mate, has short legs,  may not be up to touring.  So I've dragged my old Giant Cypress off the dung heap. 

   Now,  serious cyclists can scoff away,  as far as serious bikes go this one doesn't enter the picture.  Even Giant's sales pitch describes it as a "comfortable commuter for the pleasure cyclist". But you know its what I've got and i dont have the spare cash to invest in a serious touring bike.  Besides,  I like old.  I'm  old for heavens sake! When I was a kid this 20 plus year old bike would have been ahead of its time.  Hell an aluminum frame and 21 gears, for me that's good enough. 

This bike was good enough for me to commute on for several years,  so a few lazy touring miles should be a cinch.

It's raining and I want to achieve something with the day. 

Repairs & Parts List:      Cables x4; brakes & gears.      Tyres x2                                      Hand grips                                Front wheel??                            Brake pads x 4.

So, not bad, apart from the wheel,  its all the "soft" perishable stuff.                          


No comments:

Post a Comment